The South-East European Research Centre (SEERC) is a research centre of CITY College, University of York Europe Campus, established as a non-profit, legal entity in Thessaloniki, Greece in 2004. It is conducting multidisciplinary research in the fields of Enterprise, Innovation & Development, Information & Communication Technologies, and Society & Human Development.
SEERC's mission is to support the stable and smooth development of South-East Europe by conducting pure and applied research throughout and for the region. To accomplish this, SEERC will employ the existing research capacities of the University of York and CITY College by facilitating the collaboration between their research staff, and by developing multi-disciplinary networks of researchers from across South-East Europe.
• To promote independent, objective analysis and public discussion on issues related to the development of South-East Europe.
• To provide a forum for researchers in the SEE region.
• To initiate common research by the University of York, CITY and other academic institutions throughout the SEE region.
• To disseminate findings to academics, professionals, NGOs, and policy-makers through conferences, advising, published research papers, monographs, and working papers.
• To disseminate important data and findings to interested members of the general public through open forums, web and other media-based means.
• To promote cutting-edge methodology both within existing disciplines and for the development of multi-disciplinary perspectives through workshops and seminars.
• To assist in the integration of researchers from universities and research centres of the SEE region in networks of excellence.